30 August 2014

ROW80 2014, Round 3, Week 8

"A Round of Words in 80 Days is the writing challenge that knows you have a life."

The ROW80 tag line is particularly appropriate for me this week because it was my last week in Vienna and I basically chose to ignore my writing in favor of getting out and experiencing more of the city. Made me wonder why I didn't do it earlier.

As I mentioned in my goals post for this round, I'm taking it a month at a time. My progress this week on August's goals is as follows.

Finish Work on first draft of pseudonym's WIP2. 
After last week's conversation with my good friend who helped me realize I was being crazy-cakes about my production schedule, this goal has been revised. And evidently I took the October deadline as license to completely take a break from my writing this week. Hmm. So yeah, I didn't do anything on this goal this week, and I seriously doubt I'll do much (if anything) next week because I'll be busy driving all over the state of Oregon. So I guess I get a two-week vacation from writing. But back to it on Sept. 8!!

Learn some German.  
Ich kann jetzt ein bisschen Deutsch. Which is better than what I could do at the beginning of the month, for sure. Oh! And super exciting!: We began to learn past tense before the course ended! =*D I'm no longer confined to speaking in present tense! Woo hoo! Also, the photo is our teacher's drawing of schwanger. And no, that doesn't say "die" as in the opposite of living. Die is the feminine definite article in German.

Get out & about on weekends (Friday-Sunday) for at least a couple hours a day. 
I leave for Madrid today and then for home on Monday, so this weekend is more about wrapping things up in Vienna/Europe. However, to make up for it, I went out Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights. Saw a completely different side of Vienna and had tons of fun. Even stayed out until 6am one night! (Which is exciting because I'm 35 years old and had thought I was too old to accomplish that anymore.)
 

Participate in/keep up with the DIY MFA Conquer the Craft challenge. 
No. Didn't even get to read the emails this week. But I kept them all so I can go back and read them later if I feel so inclined.

Continue publishing two blog posts per week. 
Yes, published both my ROW80 update and a new travel blog post last Sunday.


What are your writing goals? How's it going with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment