29 March 2014

Final ROW80 2014 Round 1 update

Technically the round ended on Thursday, but better late than never, no? Here is a recap of my goals for this round and how I did on each of them.


Writing 
  • Work on WIPs. In my original post I had a whole schedule nicely laid out for working on my pseudonym's WIPs as well as the short speculative fiction stories I'm working on. Once again I was overly ambitious with my plan, especially considering I sold my house, moved to a different town, and had an unusually high volume of editing work the first couple months of the year. But considering that I'm super close to finishing this draft of the novel more or less on time, I give myself a B- on this one.
  • Write 3 blog posts/week. For the most part, yes, so B- here as well.
  • Submit at least 2 stories and 5 poems. Big fat no. F.
 
Reading - Read something inspiring each week. Yes, mostly. B-. 
 
Community
  • Participate in #writeclub on Twitter every Friday. D-. Pbthbthbthbthhh... =*P
  • Attend readings. Not a single one. Had to ditch this goal because I realized it was just not going to happen.
  • Read and comment on at least 3 other ROW80 participants' check-ins each week. Achieved this most weeks, so B-.
 
Health

  • 15 minutes/day of freewriting, recording dreams and/or journaling. Did pretty well, though during this last month I slacked on this quite a bit. C.
  • Exercise for at least an hour a day. Giving myself an A- for this.
  • Develop healthier eating habits. Yes. Still working on it, but happy about progress so far, so I'm going to give myself an A- for this.

The next round starts on April 7, so I'll post my goals for Round 2 on Sunday, April 6. In the meantime, I have a novel to finish writing!

This is a blog hop! Click here to read other ROW80 participants' check-ins.

No comments:

Post a Comment